Applications to volunteer for any Athens Regional Library System branch can be filled out online. You may drop off your completed application at the branch at which you want to volunteer or at the Circulation Desk in the Athens-Clarke County Library. Applications may also be mailed to:
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
Athens-Clarke County Library
2025 Baxter Street
Athens, GA 30606
- Children’s Area
- Volunteers may also help create displays and craft projects for upcoming Children’s programs.
- Volunteer Tutor (at the Pinewoods Library)
- Volunteers provide assistance for students who need help with homework. The Tutoring Program is available Monday through Thursday between the hours of 3:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Winterville Library
- Volunteers assist staff with shelving books.
- Pinewoods Library
- Volunteer tutors help adult patrons on computer programs and English as a Second Language. Volunteers may also help staff organize storytelling, art projects and sports activities for the younger library patrons.
If you have any questions about these opportunities, please call the library at 706-613-3650 and ask to speak to the Volunteer Coordinator.