The Friends is a volunteer organization that supports the library in numerous ways, including author events, programming support, and book sales at the Library.
What do the Friends of the Madison County Library do?
- Buy new, in-demand items for adults, teens and children
- Provide quality programming to keep kids reading
- Fund entertaining and educational events throughout the year such as Summer Reading Program performers.
- Lobby for funding for enhanced and expanded library services
- Accept, sort and process donated books for adding to the collection or book sales
- Provide refreshments for programming and supplies / crafts for children’s and adult programming
- Fund travel mileage and support continuing education for library staff
- Purchase additional equipment and necessary tools for staff
- Conducts a holiday market and book sales
- Jennifer Ivey, President
- Carley Stewart, Vice-President
- Stephanie Neal, Past President
- Marianitta Byrd-Skelton, Secretary
- Sara Carter, Treasurer
- Edith Brown, Fund-raising
- Ann Davis, Membership
- Vacant, Program and Publicity