- Status: Full-Time Volunteer through AmeriCorps VISTA
- Hours: 40 hours per week; some nights and weekends
- Living Allowance: $48.22/day plus some benefits (see below)
- Application Deadline: September 23, 2022
The ACC Library AmeriCorps VISTA is an integral part of the Teen Services team and works to support the library’s programming and outreach plan, with a specific emphasis on sustainable programs for youth from low-income and marginalized communities. The AmeriCorps member will build positive relationships with teen patrons and collaborate with library staff, volunteers, and local organizations to design services and programs to meet their educational and social needs. In addition, the AmeriCorps member will support marketing and outreach efforts in the ACC community. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing and maintaining partnerships with community organizations, recruiting and training volunteers, purchasing supplies, designing marketing and program materials, promoting services and programs, assisting with program implementation, and collecting and reporting data. The VISTA also assists with the planning and support of Teen Summer Reading. This position entails afterschool and evening hours, along with occasional weekends. Local travel and a personal vehicle are also required.
Education, Children / Youth
Experience working with youth, computer / technology proficient
Experience planning and running classes / programs / events, graphic design / social media skills, creativity
VISTA Program Benefits
Living Allowance, Training, Childcare assistance if eligible, Relocation Allowance, Health Coverage*, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is an organization of over 7,000 volunteers who serve annually to alleviate poverty by helping local organizations expand capacity to make change. As an AmeriCorps member in the VISTA program, you will support an organization to make sustainable change in areas that affect poverty, including education, public health, climate, access to benefits, and more. Through activities such as fundraising, grant writing, research, and volunteer recruitment, you will gain professional experience and leadership skills. This opportunity prepares you for a life of service in the public, private, or nonprofit sector.
Learn more about the AmeriCorps VISTA program.
How Do I Apply?
- Go to the posting on the My AmeriCorps portal.
- Click on the “Apply Now” button to register in the portal and complete your application.
To be eligible to serve, you must be:
- Be 18 years or older (no upper age limit)
- Hold one of the following citizenship or legal residency statuses: US citizen, US National, Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card status), and persons legally residing within a state. Examples of persons legally residing within a state may include those holding the following classifications: refugee, asylee, temporary protected status throughout VISTA service, and holding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status.
Note: Applications for this position are handled directly through AmeriCorps VISTA, and not the Athens-Clarke County Library. However, if you have questions regarding the position or the application process, please contact Jen Schumann, Teen Services Regional Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.