- Status: Part-time; hourly; limited benefits available
- Hours: 19 hours per week; Weekend and evening hours required on an as needed basis
- Salary: $16.00 per hour
- Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Bilingual in Spanish and English is preferred, but not required.
The Athens Regional Library System is committed to our Vision: Engaging Communities and Exceeding Expectations, which we achieve through the everyday practice of our organizational values. It is through our values we provide an atmosphere and work environment that is inclusive, supportive of our community, respectful, committed to excellence and welcoming.The System will hire an experienced, responsible, creative, and enthusiastic individual who embraces and thrives in an active, fast-paced, culturally diverse environment.
The Athens Regional Library System is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented individual with a pleasant “can-do” attitude, who is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for staff and patrons. This confidential position reports directly to the Assistant Director for Regional Services. Responsibilities require the exercise of independent judgment and knowledge of the procedures and policies of the Athens Regional Library System, and commitment to the Athens Regional Library System’s Vision.
As needed, this position serves as a substitute for 10 branches located within the five counties of the Athens Regional Library System (Athens-Clarke, Oconee, Madison, Lexington, and Franklin). Efforts are made to schedule substitute assignments in advance; however, some assignments will be on an on-call basis, so much flexibility is required.
Minimum Education, Training, and Experience
Must possess a clean driving record and a valid Georgia driver’s license. The Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Library is a drug-free workplace, requiring a pre-employment drug test; random drug testing may also be required of library vehicle operators.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite (Google Workspace) required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal, but not exclusive or all-inclusive, expectations for this job. Other duties of a similar nature may be required and assigned, and job assignments and schedule may change in the future.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exemplary customer service skills and professional manner in dealing effectively with the public, the Library Boards of Trustees, library staff, elected officials, County departments, agencies, and organizations, professionals and businesses
- Follows opening and closing procedures in order to maintain library hours of operation.
- Provides direct customer service to library patrons, assisting with their information, circulation, programming, and readers’ advisory needs.
- Assists patrons with using automation systems, the Internet, and other resources in order to locate information and materials.
- Accomplishes various functions relating to circulation and control of library materials and customer registration, including circulation of internal and external library loans of materials and resolving problems when appropriate.
- Provides support in many areas of daily branch operations, including (but not limited to) accepting fees and fines; routing loans and information; performing basic office duties such as copying, filing, FAXing, and answering phones.
- Records and reports required statistics.
- Assists with collection maintenance through performing tasks such as emptying bookdrops, sorting, shelving, and checking materials in and out of the library.
- Upholds all library policies, including the Patron Responsibilities and Conduct statement; explains policies and procedures to patrons.
- Meets System expectation to participate in at least two approved off-site outreach programs each year.
- Meets System expectation to complete at least 10 hours of approved work-related training activities during each year of employment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn and utilize new technologies and computer applications related to work.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills; ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and manage multiple assignments.
- Organizational skills and the ability to plan and prioritize assignments and activities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to read, write, speak, understand or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
- Ability to proofread documents for accuracy, grammar and punctuation.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams.
- Service oriented to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates excellent phone etiquette and professional demeanor in a fast paced
- Physical demand requirements are at levels of Medium Work.
- Knowledge of basic library operational principles and practices and application of ARLS and branch policies, normal and emergency library building procedures, and activities.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees to discuss potential necessary accommodations. The library is a drug-free workplace and may require drug testing according to established policy. Hiring is contingent upon verification of identity; United States employment eligibility authorization through E-Verify will be required. Georgia is an open records state. Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the library unless the applicant is selected for an interview.
Submit completed online ARLS job application at www.athenslibrary.org, including a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications for this position.