- Status: Full-time, non-exempt, with benefits
- Hours: 40 hours per week, some nights and weekends will be required
- Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
Bilingual abilities (English-Spanish) preferred but not required.
Athens Regional Library System is committed to our Vision: Engaging Communities and Exceeding Expectations, which we achieve through the everyday practice of our organizational values. It is through our values we provide an atmosphere and work environment that is inclusive, supportive of our community, respectful, committed to excellence and welcoming.
We are currently seeking a Facilities Coordinator / Library Store Manager. This position will serve as the Library’s Facilities Liaison to County Facilities, the vehicle fleet manager and the Library Store Manager. This position will also oversee Community Service Workers.This position reports to the Assistant Director.
Minimum Training and Experience
College degree with four years of progressively responsible experience in project management, Or, any equivalent combination of education, training & experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills & abilities for the position. A successful candidate must possess a clean driving record and a valid Georgia driver’s license. The library is a drug-free workplace, requiring a pre-employment drug test.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
The following are normal, but not exclusive or all-inclusive, expectations for this job. Other duties of a similar nature may be required & assigned, & job assignments may change in the future.
- First to respond on site or by phone to infrequent security alarm system and facility fire and after-hours calls.
- Works closely with County Facilities Department and informs the Department weekly of library facility needs.
- Serve as liaison to ACC Landscaping department for regular library campus cleaning & grounds-keeping; oversees the safety & maintenance of library facilities
- Recommend corrective and preventive maintenance; coordinates work with contractors and vendors and scheduling work with contractors and vendors
- Oversees and manages key inventory for headquarters building
Responsible for setting up meeting rooms
- Maintain electronic databases of Library Vehicle Fleet management. Forecast fleet maintenance expenditures and schedule vehicle maintenance when needed.
- Oversee maintenance and stocking of vending machines.
- Responsible for scheduling volunteers to work in the Library Store
- Coordinates in-store sales activity, product marketing and availability, sales processing and cash management
- Monitors and coordinates ordering, receipt, and return of merchandise, verifies invoices and billing and resolves error and discrepancies as appropriate.
- May need to provide staffing back-up in emergency or absence of volunteers
- Serve as Library Administration’s liaison to the contracted custodian company owner and crew.
- Oversee Community Service Workers
- May train and oversee library volunteers as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with library stakeholders; ability to assemble information and make written and oral reports and documents in a concise, clear, and effective manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all library units to improve library service delivery to the public.
- Skill in building successful relationships and partnerships with a range of staff, patrons, vendors, contractors, consultants, and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of facilities management best practices.
- Knowledge of the responsibilities of and the relationships among library departments or functional areas.
- Ability to plan, organize, and/or prioritize daily assignments and work activities.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Knowledge of retail floor sales techniques
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register
- Knowledge of retail advertising, sales promotion and/or visual merchandising techniques
Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees to discuss potential necessary accommodations. The library is a drug-free workplace and may require drug testing according to established policy. Hiring is contingent upon verification of identity; United States employment eligibility authorization through E-Verify will be required. Georgia is an open records state. Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the library unless the applicant is selected for an interview.
Submit completed online ARLS job application including a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications for this position.