The Athens-Clarke County Unified Government (ACCGov) will host community feedback opportunities and an online survey for eight potential sites identified as possible locations for SPLOST 2020 Project 25: East Side Public Library.
Saturday, May 6, 2:00-4:00 pm
Biblioteca del condado de Athens-Clarke
Thursday, May 11, 12:00-2:00 pm
Fire Station #7 (2350 S. Barnett Shoals Road)
Thursday, May 11, 5:00-7:00 pm
East Athens Development Corporation (410 McKinley Drive, Suite 101)
Residents can drop in anytime during the meetings to find out details, ask questions about the project, and provide feedback on the potential sites. In addition to providing general project information and addressing attendees’ questions and feedback, conversations will also address timelines and next steps for the site selection and facility.
Potential sites were evaluated by the SPLOST Site Selectioin Committee. The eight highest scoring sites have been identified as potential sites for the facility. The sites are:
- 1030 Barnett Shoals Road – undeveloped property owned by ACCGov
- 280 Gaines School Road – current location of the Clarke County School District’s Early Learning Center
- 2000 Barnett Shoals Road – current location of the Kroger / College Station shopping center
- 1935 Barnett Shoals Road – current location of the Green Acres shopping center
- 1065 Gaines School Road – current location of Covenant Presbyterian Church
- 1300 Cedar Shoals Road – current location of Cedar Shoals High School
- 1934 Lexington Road – current location of the Thornton Plaza shopping center
- 2555 Lexington Road – current location of ACCGov’s Landscape Management Division
Many of the proposed sites are large enough to allow co-location of the library with existing facilities and buildings.
Find out more information at accgov.com/eastsidelibrary or visit the SPLOST 2020 Project 25: East Side Public Library page that is available through May 21 for public input on the potential locations. The webpage, map, and survey include information on the potential sites and the project process.
For additional questions, contact the SPLOST Program Management Office at 706-613-3025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.