Where to check out a ukulele
Have you ever wanted to learn to play a musical instrument, but didn’t know where to start? The Athens Regional Library System wants to help! We now offer ukuleles for checkout, so you can learn to make music. Ukuleles are available at Madison County Library, Royston Public Library, and Oconee County Library.
How to check out a ukulele
Checking out a ukulele is a bit different from checking out a book. You will need to sign the Ukulele Check-Out Agreement when you check one out to verify that you understand the following:
- You must be 18 or older to check out a ukulele.
- Ukuleles check out for 2 weeks with the option for two renewals.
- The ukulele comes with a case and a book. All three items must be returned at the same time to avoid late fees.
- Late fees are $3.00 per day.
- Ukuleles must be returned to the Help Desk in the Athens-Clarke County Library in person and may not be returned to any other branch. Ukuleles may not be put in the book drop or automated book return. You will be charged $10 for turning in the ukulele at any location other than the ACCL Help Desk.
- If the ukulele, case, or book are damaged or lost, you will be responsible for replacement price and processing fees:
- Ukulele: $204 plus $10 processing fee
- Case: $17.75 plus $10 processing fee
- Chord book: $14.95 plus $10 processing fee
- Total if all items are not returned: $241.75
- Item is marked or otherwise disfigured: $20 or replacement price if marks cannot be removed.
Ukulele learning resources
- Ukulele Tabs: A community to share ukulele chords for songs, new and old.
- Ukulele Underground: This online community has a very active forum, learn-to-play video lessons, and play-along-song videos.
- EzFolk.com Ukulele Chord Charts: Chord charts with variations arranged by letter.
- Ukulele Chord Finder: Has an interactive chord diagram which includes different tunings for the ukulele. *Note* the default tuning is Soprano – D, switch to Soprano – C for the more common tuning.
- Ukulele Chords – King of Charts: Has downloadable charts, chords are arranged by letter.