The Oconee County Library, Oconee County Parks & Recreation, and Wire Park are excited to announce the 1st annual Spring Into Wellness on Saturday, March 4th, 2023 from 1-4pm at Wire Park. Spring Into Wellness is a free event that showcases some of the exciting options available in Oconee County to be active. The event has live music, food, archery, sword fighting, crafts, toddler area, prizes, and much more! You don’t want to miss this free event. You can sign a waiver in advance by going to https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/3xg15ht2mndasvc36yqlmm/web/ or you can sign up the day of the event. Make sure and get your bingo card and get your card marked as you visit each station. When you have completed your card turn it in at the sign up table for a chance to win lots of cool prizes.
Some of the exciting activities include:
- Oconee Fit will lead some mini community workouts
- Oconee County Parks & Recreation Football Toss Challenge
- Oconee County Mountain Bike Team – Demos and pump track to ride if you bring your own bike
- Sparks Martial Arts will have Board Decorating and Breaking
- Megalodon Gym will be doing a Capoeira demonstration
- Oconee Gymnastics & Oconee Ninja World will have a mat, balance beam, and trampoline for kids
- WildRice Adventures will offer Archery
- Athens School of Arms will be giving sword fighting demonstrations using historical fencing techniques
- Best Level Basketball will have a Pop up Basketball
- Tennis for Life will do demo strokes and have a hitting area
- Oconee Library will have Captain Underpants Three Legged Race
- Craft area with Foam Sword Making
Other vendors include Jazzercise Watkinsville Fitness Center, Summer Hill Recreation Club, St. Mary’s, Athens Running Company, and Oconee Area Resource. Piedmont Athens Regional and Sunshine Cycles will be drawing to give away a new bike and helmet.
Prizes from: Oconee Fit, Jazzercise, Tennis for Life, St. Mary’s, WildRice, Summer Hill Recreation Group, and more!!!