Passport Acceptance Agent
The Athens Regional Library System seeks a part-time Passport Acceptance Agent to work in the Athens-Clarke County Library. The person in this position will work with other agents in the accepting and processing of passport applications.
Salary: $10.00 per hour; without benefits
Hours: 19 hours/week; must work Saturdays and some Sundays
Requirements: Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
Deadline for applications: Open Until Filled
Purpose & Scope
The purpose of this position is to accept and process passport applications. Agents are responsible for the review and intake of documents, forms and identification related to completing passport applications. Reports to Assistant Director for Public Services.
Minimum Training & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent. Must have customer service experience and experience in working in a fast, multi-tasking environment. Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this job. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Review and process passport applications including verification of forms and required information
- Answer questions associated with the passport application process (in person and via the telephone)
- Night and weekend hours required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Fluency in Spanish
- Flexibility to work on different shifts including Saturdays and Sundays
- Physical ability to move or carry objects or materials. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, &/or up to 10 pounds force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of Light work.
In addition to the requirements listed above, applicants for this position must also meet the requirements outlined by the State Department:
- At least 18 years old.
- A U.S. citizen or U.S. national.
- Approved by the Department of State.
- Not presently on parole or probation related to any Federal, State or local convictions.
- Not presently under indictment for a Federal, State, or local felony, or a misdemeanor related to breach of trust or moral turpitude.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local felony convictions.
- Free of any Federal, State, or local misdemeanor convictions related to breach of trust or moral turpitude (i.e., embezzlement, document fraud, drug offense, or dishonesty carrying out a responsibility involving public trust).
- Uphold legal responsibilities as an Acceptance Agent, i.e., verifying that the passport applicant who personally appears and the identification and citizenship evidence presented are one-in-the-same; that the applicant took the oath and signed the application.
- Not participate in any relationship with another source nor delivering another service that could be perceived as a conflict-of-interest.
The Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities & encourages prospective & current employees to discuss potential accommodations. The Library is a drug-free workplace & requires a pre-employment drug test & eVerify approval.
Submit online ARLS job application for this position. Please include a resume & cover letter describing qualifications for this position.