Part-time Business Office Assistant - Athens-Clarke County Library
Salary/Benefits: $10/hour; non-exempt; without benefits
Hours: 15 hours per week
Current Work Schedule:
Mondays 8:30 am to 5 pm (including half-hour unpaid lunch)
Thursdays 8:30 am to 4 pm (including half-hour unpaid lunch)
Bilingual Spanish skills preferred.
Deadline for applications: Open until Filled
Purpose and Scope
This 15-hour per week part-time position provides administrative support in the Business Office of the Athens Regional Library, located at the Athens-Clarke County Library. The ideal candidate is organized and detail-oriented. They will have knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and be eager to contribute to the success of the fast-paced ARLS Business Office. This position requires detailed clerical and accounting work under the supervision of the Library Business Manager.
Minimum Training and Experience
Graduation from high school, vocational school, or direct business experience is required. Knowledge of accounting or related experience is preferred. Knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Office, and computer databases is essential. Athens Regional Library System is an equal opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace, requiring a pre-employment drug test. Bilingual Skills (English-Spanish) preferred but not Required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Work is reviewed through observation, internal checks, and periodic audit. The following are normal, but not exclusive or all-inclusive, expectations for this job. Other duties may be required as assigned and job assignments may change in the future.
- Counting and reconciling cash receipts and weekly bank deposits
- Processing bank deposits
- Reconciling bank account reports and other reports in the accounting software system
- Encoding and data entry for accounts payable and receipts
- Assisting Business Manager with administrative assignments as library events as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems, clerical techniques and modern office practices.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge of business arithmetic, spelling and English.
- Ability to write legibly.
- Ability to display effective written and spoken communication
- Ability to work with library patrons with tact, patience, and courtesy
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with subordinates, management, colleagues, members of the general public and all other groups involved in the activities of the Athens-Clarke County Unified Government as they relate to the Library System.
- Ability to assemble information and create written reports and documents in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
- Ability to display good time management and technical skills.
- Ability to display efficient organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize assignments and activities.
- Ability to remain calm under busy conditions.
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Must possess an excellent, clean driving record, and possess or have the ability to obtain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Physical ability to regularly & routinely operate a variety of machinery & equipment including computer with keyboard, telephone, photocopy machine & coin machines.
- Physical ability to move or carry objects or materials. Must be able to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, &/or up to 10 pounds force frequently. Physical demand requirements are at levels of those of Light work.
The Athens Regional Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Library may provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities & encourages prospective & current employees to discuss potential accommodations. The Library is a drug-free workplace & requires a pre-employment drug test & eVerify approval.
Submit online ARLS job application for this position. Please include a resume & cover letter describing qualifications for this position.